Oh Happy Hodgepodge! Let's see what Joyce @ This Side of the Pond is up to now! Please join us! It is a fun way to get to know people and make new friends! Honestly, you find out you are not alone in your thinking!
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-
Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
The hardest one for me is probably overcome your fears by facing them. I am a people pleaser and so it is hard when I don't. I have a hard time (but working on) not being perfect and the fear that I am "not enough" in peoples eyes makes for poor self esteem and beating up on myself pretty good. I am trying to get better on this, though. Plus there is NO WAY I am going to confront a clown or snakes to get over those fears!
The easiest is finding the good in life. I take this to mean finding the positives. I read a book "The Power of Intention" from Dr Dwayne Dyer. The one thing that stuck out to me, like a smack upside the head is…you get a return on what you put out. This means if I am positive, I get positive back, but if I am negative, yep, I get negativity back. Who wants that! It really has helped me be a more positive person and it helps me to be thankful to God for the good and the bad that I experience. Now if I could just make it work to my advantage when I am facing my fears!
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
Probably spend it on LT on a nice steak dinner out or a movie or something.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
Ummm…power trip. I really can't say much about it, but I do run into a lot lately in almost every aspect of my life: family, work, friends, community, etc. Yes, I do personally have a control issue, but this power trip is from someone else, not me. Trust me, I own up to my own power trips…sometimes I need a seat belt for those!
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
I always wanted to to a pull up, but that is not a skill. LOL! Actually, I would love to be an amazing photographer. I see so many pictures people have taken that move my soul. I would like to be able to do that.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
In regards to your list, my summer sucked! LOL I have been teaching summer school and spending time with my dad (sitting in a recliner and making him dinner). So I really have not done much. LT and I have done a few concerts this summer, but that it it. Now that I think on it, I need to do something!!
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
Honestly I do not have one. I am not happy with any of my candidate choices and it seems we just keep getting worse and worse on who is running. I have learned in my family, I have learned to just steer clear of this topic!
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
I listen to a plethora of songs over the summer, especially while driving in the car to work and to see dad. I guess I have listened to Judas Priest more because of the concert we attended; such as: "Turbo Lover", "Breaking the Law", "Hell Bent for Leather" and "Living After Midnight". I also listen to Nickelback's "She Keeps Me Up". I am a rocker, what can I say.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Gearing up for a possible battle with city code enforcement. They say we have weeds in alley and we don't. Then they are about trees covering alley. We don't have trees in our backyard…all bushes and flowers. The trees they may be referring to are the common area which is not my property. I am pulling up my big girl panties and getting ready to let them have it! (If it comes to that!)
1 year ago